- US-Notenbankchef warnt vor Verwerfungen durch Virus-Krise
Das Virus könne zu "Verwerfungen in China" führen, die wiederum auf die übrige Weltwirtschaft übergreifen könnten.
- German car supplier to reopen headquarters after coronavirus infections – Reuters
German auto parts supplier Webasto will on Wednesday reopen its headquarters close to Munich, it said on Tuesday, after eight of its employees contracted the new coronavirus that is quickly spreading in China and around the world.
- Coronavirus: Wie sinnvoll ist es, eine Atemschutzmaske zu tragen? – DER SPIEGEL
Für Gesunde allerdings gibt es laut RKI keine hinreichenden Belege dafür, dass ein Mund-Nasen-Schutz das Risiko einer Ansteckung messbar reduziert
- Explainer: Companies consider force majeure as coronavirus spreads – Reuters
As the coronavirus outbreak in China shows no signs of abating any time soon, some companies that buy and sell goods in the Chinese market are considering the legal defense of force majeure.
- Runways underwater: Maps show where rising seas threaten 80 airports around the world | PreventionWeb.net
Airports are a major part of a country's infrastructure. In addition to being travel hubs, they also enable economic activities and play a key role in national security. But many are vulnerable to sea level rise, especially those established in low-lying coastal areas.
- Disasters displace more people than conflict and violence | PreventionWeb.net
As climate change intensifies, extreme weather events, such as floods, storms, bushfires and heatwaves are forcing millions from their homes each year. In 2018, disasters displaced 17.2 million people from their homes, 90 per cent fled weather and climate-related hazards.